News‎ > ‎

Green Turtle Kitchen Fire

posted Jan 28, 2014, 4:41 AM by Charles Mitchell
On 1/21/14, Aetna units, along with Christiana Fire Co., Mill Creek Fire Co. and later NCC Paramedics, responded to a reported fire at The Green Turtle. NPD reported smoke showing as 9-3 made the initial response. 9-3 arrived and made contact with construction workers who advised they had been welding in the kitchen hood vents, starting a grease fire. Using several extinguishers and the built in hood suppression system, they were able to contain the fire prior to 9-3's arrival. Deputy 8 (D8) arrived shortly thereafter and assumed command, directing crews to investigate the floors above for extension. Christiana's crew checked the roof with the help of Ladder 9. Extension was negative, and units were then made available by D8.

Story by: Captain Adams



Comments