News‎ > ‎

Carbon Monoxide Emergency

posted Jun 19, 2015, 8:08 AM by Jeffrey Sands, Assistant Chief 7-8B
On 6/14/2015, Aetna was dispatched to a local apartment complex for a CO detector activation.  Crews arrived to find high levels of CO inside the building (in excess of 150ppm).  Crews isolated the source to a propane burner being used inside the building with little to no ventilation.  Fortunately, crews were able to prevent a more serious incident from developing by their quick response.  The officers and members of the Aetna Hose, Hook and Ladder Company would like to remind you to use common sense with propane appliances such as burners and grills.  Always use such appliances outside and in a well ventilated area!

  
Comments